Jack went swimming with us for the first time last Saturday! We figured that if he loved baths so much (by far his favorite part of any day), he might like the pool in our building! We took lots of pictures to document it but didn't get a lot of smiles from him. We think he was pretty unsure...although that was his reaction to baths at first too, so there's hope!
Another first...today Jackson finally fit into the big part of the stroller! We bought a BundleMe (sleeping bag type blanket) for his stroller and it finally came in the mail. He did great facing forward and even fell asleep after a while. He is so curious so I'm sure he loves being able to face forward and look at all of the things around him.
Other fun things to know about Jack this month:
- He is obsessed with the washcloth during bath time! He dips it in the water and then sucks on it (don't worry, there is no soap on it) and will play tug of war while you pull it away. He has also started screaming when you take it away from him - fun...tantrums starting already at 4 1/2 months...
- Grabbing faces! If you get down really close to his face he has a blast grabbing your face and babbling away to you.
- Babbling and laughing! He is very vocal now - it's so fun to see him expressing his emotions.
- Laying on his side. I bet he will be rolling over within a week or two. He can roll from his tummy to back but when he's on his back he can get his legs over but his arm gets stuck so he just plays contently on his side.
- Sucking his thumb and fingers! After months of trying different pacifiers, we finally gave up. Within weeks he took to his fingers to soothe himself! It's really cute. He only does it at naptime/bedtime and right after his bath. Such a sweetie!!
Below are pictures of his swimming experience along with a few others from today...
In his robe and swim trunks ready to get in...