Troy started his final quarter of classes this past Monday...it's hard to believe how close we are to being done! He had spring break last week and part of the week off before that too since he only had one final during finals week. It was great to have him home so much! We tried to do some fun family outings but the weather did prevent us from doing much of anything outside. I think we got out for a long run/park outing only once in a period of two weeks! We made it to the children's museum, made a few trips to open playtime at gymboree and also made a few trips to Home Depot and Lowe's doing research for some things we would like to buy when we move back to MN. We also took Jack outside one day upstairs to the big balcony and played soccer with him. He had so much fun! He actually gets the concept of kicking a ball...but mostly just had fun running around freely and watching the trains go by. All the other day's were spent inside at home or at our pool....
One of the reasons I love our condo building - among many - is that we've had a pool and workout room to use. That has saved us from having to pay for a gym membership these past two years and has provided endless hours of entertainment for Jack!! He LOVES that pool! He asks to go swimming multiple times a day now! He is fearless (which we realize isn't the best thing) in the water. This past week we got him this flotation device that he wears which gives him a little more independence in the water. It's basically two boards strapped onto him. He still needs help to keep his head out of the water but it allows him to move around by himself a little more freely.
Some other fun facts about Jack at 17 months...
- He loves going around the house and picking up any diapers that haven't been thrown away. He can't stand to have dirty diapers lying about!
- He loves my hair brush but hates hair! He will pick each hair out one by one and throw them away before he plays with the brush. Same with the bathtub...he hates hair in there and will pick it out!
- He knows how to give Sam a nuk all by himself and he seems to take great enjoyment in trying to make Sam happy
- Today he figured out how to turn on the tv all by himself...watched it for 5 minutes then said "bye bye" to the tv, turned it off completely and put the remotes completely away! Who knew he was that self sufficient! :-)
- He likes to clean up after himself - he takes a wet paper towel and wipes the table after he eats
- Basically he's got a little bit of Troy and my OCD going on...
- His favorite songs are "Itsy bitsy spider," "The Wheels on the Bus," "The ABC's" and "Rubber Ducky"
- He loves his brother more than life itself and can make Sam smile anytime/anywhere
Sam turned 3 months yesterday! I can't believe how time has flown! He is a rockstar baby...we are so blessed! He slept over 12 hours straight the other night!! Most nights now he will go at least 10 hours so Troy and I are feeling really caught up on sleep and even managing to wake up to exercise/have quiet times/do homework before the boys get up!
Some fun facts about Sam at 3 months...
- He loves his playmat!! He was not a fan at first but now he will play for 30 minutes straight if we let him! He coos, smiles, kicks and squirms while interacting with the octopus and the bug hanging above him
- His lovee!!! He has a little frog lovee and snuggles with it all throughout the day! We noticed one day that he was holding a burp cloth up against his face while riding in his carseat so we decided to try the lovee and he is so happy sitting in his boppy and snuggling up to the lovee for as long as we'll let him!
- He is a big eater!! The kid loves his milk! He drinks 4 five oz bottles and 1 eight oz bottle per day and sometimes more!
- We think he must weigh about 13 pounds, has fully transitioned into 3-6 month clothing and is already to long for some of his jumpers and pajamas
- He loves to smile! Seriously you just have to make eye contact with him and he bursts into a huge smile!
- He still loves bathtime everynight and never cries even when we take him out and put lotion on him
- He's super laid back...happy in pretty much any situation
- He is taking about 3 naps a day and some are over 2 hours!
- He is starting to sit in his bumbo...his head isn't quite strong enough yet but he tries. When he isn't sitting in it, Jack has made it into one of his favorite chairs too!
Below are pictures from the last few weeks...hope you enjoy them!