Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our New Life in Evanston

We have been here 3 weeks now...and it's flown by! The first few days Troy and I spent some time together getting our new home all set, relaxing and we also took a trip into the city on the train. Although we are only 10 miles from downtown Chicago, it takes an hour to get there by train! We took an architecture boat ride tour on the river through the city while we were there and got to use our new camera to take pictures. Troy has been practicing with the camera so that when the baby comes he will be a pro! My sister also visited us during the first few weeks to keep me company while Troy was busy with school activities. It was really fun showing her Evanston and eating at our favorite pizza place.


Tomorrow I have my first doctor appointment since we've been here (32 weeks!). So far, the baby has stayed really active. My tummy is really moving and is visible for anyone watching. There are many times when Troy finds me laughing by myself because the baby is doing something amusing (like punching anything I rest on my belly). He has also really developed the hiccups lately. Usually about once a day I'll feel the rhythmic thumping for a few minutes. It's so crazy how real it all is now! We will be painting the baby room this weekend and after that is done, we will be 100% ready for the little guy to make his way into the world! We are so extremely excited to meet him!!

Below are some pictures we've taken over the last 3 weeks...

Baby booties...



Giordano's Pizza...yum!



Troy and me in Chicago







1 comment: