Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Last Few Weeks...

These last few weeks have flown by! We have been trying to make the most of our last few weeks before the baby comes! Last weekend we took another trip into the city but instead of taking the train this time, we decided to drive. It is much faster! We went to dinner and visited the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) at night which was really cool. The city is beautiful at night and once again Troy was able to play around with the camera and get some great pictures. We included some below.

We also went to Kellogg's CIM Ball on Navy Pier a few weeks ago which was a semi formal ball for the students. The ballroom was gorgeous. I was probably not as dressed up as the rest of the ladies that night but I did manage to wear my 3 1/2" gold heels! I only made it until around 11:30 but not too bad at 34 weeks! They had a photo booth with colored pictures which was really fun. I tried to dance but dancing to club music while pregnant is definitely more challenging than you might think! All in all it was a fun night though!

Troy's school is still keeping him super busy but he's still loving it. He is almost at mid-terms which is crazy to think that the quarter is half way done! He is starting to go to company events that correlate with getting summer internships already. He's also playing flag football weekly and he joined the Tennis Club. I'm keeping myself pretty busy. I found an outlet mall that might become my new favorite destination! I also got the chance to go visit Amy up in Milwaukee on Tuesday this week. I drove up and we went shopping, went to dinner, volunteered at her church and just had some good sister bonding time! Her new place is super cute and she was kind enough to sleep on the couch and give the pregnant lady and all my pillows the queen bed all to myself!! I owe her!! :-) It's so nice having her this close after 8 years of living 5 or more hours away from each other!

Baby update: We finally met my doctor last week and really like him. He is really down to earth and you can tell he's been doing this for a long time and knows what he is talking about. He determined that our baby isn't going to be a big baby - which made me very excited!! I went back today for my 36 week appointment and he's estimating that our little guy is about 5 1/2 pounds right now. He still hasn't dropped fully yet so I think we still have a few more weeks. He continues to be extremely active. So much so that we decided to video tape it so when we tell him someday we can actually show him what he was like. I'd post the video but since we used his name a few times, we have to wait until he's here so we don't ruin the name surprise! :-) Last weekend we packed our bags for the hospital so we are ready when he is and can't wait!!

Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks...

103rd floor of the Willis Tower



Troy standing in the glass overhang where you can look straight down Troy looking straight down 103 floors...I couldn't do it!
Looking at the John Hancock Tower and the rest of downtown
Looking out North over the Lake Michigan and Indiana
CIM Ball
CIM Ball - Big Ice Sculpture

Photo Booth at CIM Ball



2 comments: