Monday, October 4, 2010

September!

Again...a month has passed. I know I need to get better at this! We will hopefully be heading to the infamous Shedd Aquarium tomorrow morning and my goal is to post those pictures a few days after so I don't wait another month to share a fun event in the Williams' household!

So after I wrote the last blog, on our 5th anniversary, my sister came into town and graciously watched Jack overnight so Troy and I could have a night out on the town! We started off by going to a Cubs game at Wrigley field. A beautiful day and such a fun atmosphere. We went to a great seafood place for dinner in downtown Chicago and then stayed on the River and got to sleep in for the first time in months! So fun! We really had a wonderful time and I am the luckiest lady in the world to be married to Troy!

A few days later we headed to the Museum of Science and Industry with Jack and had a great time! We are trying to take advantage of all the great places in Chicago while we are here this year. Troy got to see a UBoat exhibit, Jack got to play in the awesome kids area and see the train city and loved it! All in all, it was a fun and memorable family day. I can't wait to go back when Jack and his brother are a little older!

So far this school year, Troy has been around substantially more than last year and we are loving it! Troy and Jack have so much fun together...and I am thankful because Jackson wears me out and right now Troy has a lot more energy than I do! Troy chases after Jack, bends over to help Jack walk around the house, reads countless books, and then cleans up the house after Jack has destroyed it! They just hang out in a very different way than Jack and I do and I love being there to watch it! We've also been taking walks as often as we can to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. We've taken him to our indoor pool several times and he has a ton of fun swimming too!

As for me and Baby #2...I'm at 24 1/2 weeks right now and hoping to only have about 14 weeks left (wishful thinking, I know). Braxton Hicks contractions are in full force. This little guy is pretty strong...to the point of moving things like books on my stomach already! Troy can look over and watch the tv remote wobble on my stomach too which is pretty funny! I've also been busy planning Jackson's first birthday party! We are heading home to MN on October 19th and staying through the 24th. We have a Thomas the Train party planned...I'm so excited! We will be in Chicago on his actual birthday so Troy and I will also do something special for him with just the three of us too. I can't believe he is going to be 1 already!

Some fun updates on Jack this past month:
  • Standing! He can stand for long periods of time and stand up without using anything to help him...it's just a matter of time before he decides he's brave enough to take that first step!
  • Walking with help! He uses Troy's fingers to walk up and down the hallways as well as this walking toy we bought him. He can walk forever! He thinks it's so fun!
  • Dada! He started saying Da da over Labor Day weekend and the first time he said it we caught it on video! He pointed right at Troy and said Da da...so sweet!
  • His new chair! Our little man decided he hated his highchair a few weeks back and would literally refuse to eat while in it. We decided to buy him a Little Tikes plastic chair that fits right under the coffee table and now he sits and eats every meal with us! It's super cute!
  • Remotes! We have about 8 tv remotes circulating throughout the house and yet it only took him hours to figure out which ones were the "real ones" that we didn't want him using!
  • The microwave! He is obsessed! He loves to open it and points to it every time it's on.
  • Books! I bet we read a minimum of 10-15 books a day to him. He also loves to read them to himself!

Enjoy the pictures from this past month!

Cubs Game - Wrigley Field


At our anniversary dinner
Views from our hotel room

Exploring at the Science Museum!




Trains!
The train city...a mini version of Chicago!
Drinking out of a big boy's cup! Nice and wet but oh so fun!
After all the water is gone...so proud of himself!

21 Weeks
Having fun...getting into trouble!
Playing with blocks!
Loves his activity table
So happy
Goof ball
The microwave!!!
So excited to eat!!
Biting Auntie Amy's leg and laughing about it!
His new cute way to sit and watch something
Cutie pie
"Do I really have to wear this hat?"
Sporty little guy
At the park with Daddy!

Going down the slide all by himself!


Kisses for Daddy!
Kisses for his favorite doggy!
Kissing a picture of Mommy and Daddy
Practicing walking!
Standing up on his own while I read him a book
Loves to wash his hands
Eating dinner at the table like a big boy!
24 weeks, 2 days
Always on the move...
Reading one of his favorite books

No comments:

Post a Comment