Okay...anyone who attempts this blog post is a brave soul! I apologize for having such a long absence! It has been a whirlwind these past few months! We packed up and moved from Evanston to Prior Lake, had a few weeks of unpacking and fun family time, went to northern MN, DC and Troy started work.
Sammy has changed so much since Easter! I have to document a few things from each month - more for myself than anyone else. I like to look back and see how my kids change!
Sam - 3 Months:
- He was big enough for his jumper...and he loved it the minute he sat in it
- Snuggler! This kid loves to snuggle in bed with mommy and daddy...such a stinker...we are suckers every morning...
- Bumbo! He was big enough and strong enough for the bumbo...although he wasn't a big fan
- Boppy! Loved his boppy pillow to do tummy time and as a pillow for a quick nap!
- Rolled over - both ways!
- First tooth! Yes, super early...but technically only a few days before he turned 5 months - bottom right tooth on 5/26/11
- Big stroller! He was finally big enough to get out of his car seat and into the actual stroller seat!
- Swimming! He went swimming in our condo pool for the first time...not sure how much he liked it. He was chilly most of the time :-)
- Lovee! He developed an affection for a frog lovee and we took it everywhere!
- At 4 months Sam weighed 14.8 lbs and was 26 1/4 inches in length
- Second tooth! Right behind the first...the other bottom tooth came in the first week of June
- Daddy's face! He loves to touch, eat, suck on daddy's face! Troy is such a good sport!
- Tummy time! Finally! After months of hard work, he actually prefers to be on his tummy now!!! And even sleeps on his tummy!
- Eating! He was drinking 40 oz of formula a day and still not sleeping through the night so we gave in on 6/9/11 and started feeding him rice cereal at night. Worked like a charm!
- Baths with Jack! He loves being entertained by Jack and even imitates him by kicking after Jack does...super cute!
- Tummy time! He almost refuses his back now!
- Rocking! He gets up on all fours multiple times per day now and rocks...I'm a little afraid of how fast crawling is coming!
- Orange Food! He completely prefers carrots and sweet potatoes over any vegetable that is green and even over oatmeal! And YES...he has a gag reflex just like his brother if he doesn't like something!
- Laughing! Sam has the best laugh! Everyone who hears him laughs along with him. Tickle him or just let him and Jack goof around and you will have a smile on your face listening to him!
- Jumper! Still loves the jumper...specifically the frog on the jumper!
- Carseat! He is officially out of the bucket seat carrier - mostly because he's too heavy! He was upgraded to Jack's carseat and Jack got a new one that will eventually be a booster!
- At 6 months Sam 17 lbs, 5 oz (60th%tile) and 27.5 inches (90th%tile)...a big boy!
He is also talking quite a bit more now! "Yes, No, bubbles, Mommy, Daddy, Jack, Sam, baby, door, outside, done, more, please and brush" are just a few off the top of my head. His favorite indoor activity is cooking! He has his own play kitchen and he also has a step stool that he climbs up onto to help me cook! He loves to mash avocados and chop onion!
Enjoy the pictures! Sorry there are so many!
Some family pictures taken by my good friend Michelle at the end of April
Natalie's boys Wyatt and Crosby with Jack and Sam
Me and Natalie
Natalie, Me and Miquelin...girl's night out in Evanston
Eating at Troy's favorite breakfast spot Julius Meinl in Chicago one last time
Jack and Mommy
Jack and the Polar Bear and the Lincoln Park Zoo
Jack and Mommy at our favorite park in Evanston
Sam and the bumbo!
Sam's first ride in the stroller without the carseat!
Sam's first swim!
Jack, Sam and Mommy...and yes, that is Jack treading water...crazy kid!!
The bigger thrill the better!
Troy and Jeremy...one of his good buddies from Kellogg
Eating at my favorite breakfast spot in Chicago "Toast" one last time...
My favorite picture of Sam!! We are in Chicago at Oz Park...such a fun day
Watching trains one last time...
Daddy "eating" Sam
First solids meal!
Jack's new kitchen!
A day at Lake Harriet in Minneapolis...Jack is watching sailboats and ducks
Picnic after a run around the lake
Up at the cabin on Leech Lake in MN
Hanging by himself on the monkey bars!
Both kids love the swing!
Grandpa and Jack
Mommy and Sam sitting by the campfire
Jack's first marshmellow roast!
Jack is obsessed with mowing lawns
Wrestling with Daddy
Jack's other love in life is brushing his teeth...like 5 times a day!
Drinking milk out on the deck - chilling by himself
He's so proud...he just figured out how to cross his arms like daddy!
Nana and Sam on Nana's birthday
Nana and the boys
Jack...just being Jack...
Brothers goofing around...
Sammy at 6 months